With Christmas being a week away…I wanted to focus on things us 20 something’s can do to celebrate. Regardless of your budget and how you choose to celebrate this holiday, there are things that everyone can participate in to make this time of year enjoyable, not only for yourself but for those around you.
- Decorate your home! This is the best way to get into the holiday spirit. Make some hot cocoa, put up your tree, decorations and lights and play some festive music (especially *NSYNC’s Home for Christmas album)! If you don’t have the room or money for a real tree, get one of those mini trees and decorate it with some tiny ornaments. This will help bring the sights, lights, and smell of Christmas to your home.
- Watch holiday movies. One of my favorite things about this festive holiday is that there are constant Christmas movie reruns for the entire month of December! My favorites are: Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and Home Alone.
- Bake some goodies! Every year I try to find new and delicious Christmas cookie recipes on Pinterest. If you love to bake, get together with your friends or family, make some festive beverages and enjoy the mouth-watering Christmas aromas. For some new ideas, click on the link above!
- Donate your time to a charity or organization. This time of year is busy for everyone. Just remember this season is about giving and helping others. There are so many organizations that are looking for someone to help wrap gifts, deliver food, box toys, etc. Check out your local community volunteer websites if you are interested in donating a few hours of your time. You will be making a difference in someone’s life and not only will it be one of the most rewarding things you can do, but it will positively impact your life as well.
- Go outside! Enjoy a nice walk, go ice skating, sledding or take a drive to look at the lights. This is a great way to get some fresh air while staying active. Just remember to dress warm 😉
- Ugly Sweater Party. This is a really popular Christmas tradition! Set a budget, a date and see which one of your guests can come up with the ugliest sweater. To keep your party on a budget, suggest that your friends bring a side dish and a beverage of their choice. This will keep the stress of time and money to a minimum. If you are looking to find an ugly sweater, check out Ragstock. They have a large selection of sweaters to choose from and remember, the uglier, the better!
Can’t make it to the store, or prefer to shop for ugly Christmas sweaters online? Head over to TheSweaterStore.com
- Secret Santa. The first golden rule of Secret Santa is to stick to the budget, which I will fail quite happily at because I love buying gifts for people. That being said, a lower budget forces you to be a bit more creative with your pennies. Stumped on gift ideas? Click here! Have fun with it and be creative! Yes gift cards are an easy way to please, but sometimes the unique gifts are the most fun!
These are just a few ways to celebrate this holiday season! Whatever it is that you decide to do to get into the Christmas spirit, enjoy and remember what this season is all about! Feel free to share some of your ideas below 🙂
Happy Holidays Everyone,