Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
For those of you who have now waited until the last minute to get that special person a Valentine’s Day gift, you still have time! Before you start panicking, check out some of these ideas below:
- Get Creative: I’m sure you’ve heard this before but, there’s nothing wrong with a homemade gift. Your significant other will be swept off their feet when you give them a heartfelt, handwritten letter on notebook or construction paper, I promise. If you have extra time, print off a photo of you and your boo and stick it in your homemade card. Add a meaningful note and you are all set!
- Flowers: If flowers are a must, you may have to cash up a few extra dollars. Flower bouquets are always extremely overpriced on Valentine’s day. My recommendation is to pick some up from the grocery store as opposed to a flower shop. Also, try looking for flowers at wholesale stores like Costco and Sam’s Club. They will be cheaper, and your loved one will never even know the difference! It’s the thought that counts, right?
- Sweets: If you don’t typically spoil your significant other with sweets, then they’ll likely be stoked for even the most standard of chocolates! Better yet? Try making a batch of cookies, brownies, or chocolate covered strawberries yourself! You will gain some baking skills and get a lot more for your money!
- Picture Perfect: If a picture is worth a thousand words, why not give your beloved a picture that declares your love? Whether you choose an image of the two of you or one that evokes a memory you share, the right photo will make your Valentine’s Day picture perfect.
- Get Cooking: Instead of spending a fortune at an expensive restaurant, run to the grocery store and pick up the essentials to make your loved ones favorite meal. Light some candles, dim the lights and play some romantic music in the background. Don’t forget the desert!
- Plan a throwback night: Still have a vintage Nintendo or PlayStation tucked away in storage? If your significant other is into video games, plan a “throwback” night with old-school games (video or board)!
Whatever your last-minute gift might be, the most important feature of any gift is sincerity. Show your Valentine you’re happy they’re in your life. The best gift of all should be spending quality time with your loved one and showing them how much you care about them, not just on Valentine’s Day, but everyday!
Until Next Time,