Well the most wonderful time of the year is here! Christmas lights are shining, snow is falling and ugly sweaters are EVERYWHERE. If you are in need of an ugly sweater or need tips to host a budget friendly party this holiday season, you came to the right place!
Finding an Ugly Sweater. Ugly sweaters have become increasingly popular over the years and each Christmas they seem to get more and more absurd. If you are a crafty individual, check out Pinterest for some new and unique ideas! For those of you who are constantly on the go and don’t have time to create one yourself, check your local thrift stores, Ragstock, or head on over to The Sweater Store online!
Hosting a Party. Hosting a party around the holidays is a great way to reconnect with friends and family. Why not spice it up a bit and host an ugly sweater party? Ugly Sweater parties allow us to remove ourselves from societal norms for a day. We get to let loose, take down all of the guards and just be…well… ridiculous. If money is tight this holiday season, try some of these fun tips to keep your party on a budget:
- Use social media to send invitations.
- Have your guests bring a side dish and their drink of choice to save you time in the kitchen and money!
- Create a photo booth area in your home for guests to take pictures! Use silly items you have lying around the house or check out the dollar store for some tacky photo booth props!
- Decorate your home! The tackier the better! Deck the halls with Christmas lights, tinsel, bows, paper snowflakes and wrapping paper. You can find tons of fun decor lying around your house or at your local dollar store.
- Play holiday music! Don’t bother spending hours creating a playlist or purchasing music from iTunes! Instead, use Pandora and create a new Holiday station! Best of all, it’s Free!
- Have some fun games for your guests to play! My favorites include Heads Up, Catch Phrase, Scattergories or even just a plain old deck of cards! Use this as a back up plan incase the conversations start to dwindle!
Vote for the “Ugliest” Sweater. Have some awards ready for the best (or worst) sweaters. Check out some of my recommendations below:
- All Around Ugliest
- Most Original
- Best Matched Couple
- Most Outrageous
- Most Shameful
- Most Festive
Prior to the party, print off some ballots so your guests can vote on their favorite sweaters at the end of the night! If you are looking to give away prizes to the winners, purchase a few gift cards ranging anywhere from $5-$20 or check the dollar store for some tacky yet hilarious prizes!
With all of these ideas you are now ready to throw the most outrageously festive party you and your friends have ever been to. Enjoy!
Happy Holidays Everyone,