Mother’s Day is just right around the corner – but don’t feel like you have to break the bank to show mom how much she means to you. After all, the savvy woman who taught you how to make smart money choices wouldn’t want that, right? Check out this list of affordable, or better yet, free gift ideas to help make this Mother’s Day the best one yet!
1. Breakfast in bed. Always a classic, making mom breakfast in bed is sure to make her morning. Add a hand-picked flower in a tiny vase, and you’re good to go.
2. Do chores. Whether the mom in your life is a stay-at-home mom or a working mom, she is busy. So this Mother’s Day weekend, if you live with your parents, spend Saturday doing chores without being asked. Clean the house. Wash the dishes. Do the laundry, and put it away. Just taking these chores off mom’s hands can make Mother’s Day even more relaxing for her.
3. Write something. If you have a way with words, consider writing mom a poem, or putting one of your favorite childhood memories to paper. If not, simply make a list of the things you love about your mom. Put it in a crafty frame from Hobby Lobby or Michael’s, and you are all set to go! Even if you are in your twenties, she’ll keep this gift and read it again and again over the years!
4. Digitized photos. If you were born in the 90s or earlier, chances are that much of your childhood is captured in printed photos. So this year, swipe all those old photo albums and spend time digitizing your mom’s photo collection. Just scan in the pictures, and present them to mom on a CD. You can even back them up on cloud storage, just in case.
5. Spa Day. All women love to be pampered. A spa day is the perfect gift for your mom. Spa packages can get expensive though, so be sure to check out living social and Groupon. They have great deals when it comes to treating mom to a relaxing day of pampering.
6. Flowers. Mom’s love flowers. They are a sweet and kind and come from the heart. Check your local florist for great deals or pick them from the garden. Whatever you choose to, be sure to cut the stems and arrange them in the vase. Don’t make mom do the work! It is her special day after all!
7. Customized Phone Case. Personalized iPhone cases from Zazzle make great Mother’s Day gifts for the mom who is glued to her iPhone. I love the chevron design with personalized initial detail. Create one with Moms favorite colors, or personalize one with a family picture. Use Code: WELUVOURMOMS to get 15% off your order!
Whatever you decide to give your mom, grandma or wife this year, be sure time together is on your list. On or around Mother’s Day, plan a family outing with mom. Go to the park, or go on a hike if the weather’s nice. Take her to brunch or just plan a movie night at home if that’s more to her liking. The time you spend together will be worth more to her than any expensive gift.
Until Next Time,