The 4th of July is a great holiday to spend with your friends and family while staying home, going camping or boating on the lake. If you are looking to be frugal this year with the celebration of our independence, check out these money saving tips so your wallet doesn’t fizzle out like a sparkler!
1. Host a potluck. If you like entertaining guests, hosting a 4th of July party can be fun! But providing food and drinks for several people can be expensive. Keep costs down by making this year’s party a potluck. Just make sure to assign people different categories of food to bring – you don’t want your potluck to become “that party where 20 people brought potato salad.”
2. DIY clothing. Instead of going out to buy new American flag apparel, take a look through your closet. Do you have clothing items you don’t normally wear together that could be paired for a red, white and blue outfit? If you don’t, it’s still not necessarily time to buy new. Instead, head to the thrift store to put together a patriotic look. Or consider getting an accessory, like an American flag bandanna, instead of an entire outfit.
3. Enjoy the fireworks. What is the Fourth of July without fireworks? Put on your red, white and blue attire, grab a blanket and head to your city’s 4th of July celebration to enjoy a night of fireworks in the sky.
4. Make your own decorations. There are so many cute decorations that are easy and inexpensive to make yourself – plus, this can be a fun activity to do with your friends. Check out some fun and creative ideas on Pinterest.
5. Shop after July 4 for next year. If you do want to purchase decorations, wait until after the Fourth, when they’ll be on deep discount. Then, save them for next year. This is a great way to stock up for any holiday. If you are in need of some last minute items, head to your local dollar store! They will most likely sell cups, plates, silverware, decorations and more so you can outfit your party in style while on a budget.
6. Take advantage of free activities. One great thing about the 4th of July is that it’s usually full of free entertainment: parades, live music, outdoor activities and so much more. Plus this is a great way to meet other people from your community if you are into that sort of thing! 🙂
7. Go camping. The 4th of July is also a wonderful time to consider camping! Many parks offer advance reservations for camping spots, and popular parks can fill up, so make sure to check online before you load up the car and drive.
Enjoy your 4th Of July Celebrations!! Don’t forget to find some good sales on the 5th!
Thanks for reading!